Sunday, September 6, 2009

Chapter 17 - Guys and Girls, I'm Sorry I Dont Like You!!!

It was late in the night and I had gone to my friend's room to take a book from her and i was startled by a scream from the next room. I rushed to see what is wrong and saw my classmates huddled in corner with wide eyes and terror on their face and I asked them what happened.
"lizard" came the prompt reply
"so?" i asked.
"we are scared...will it bite? will it fall on us?"
"please don't scare the poor thing, and I haven't heard of people dying due to lizards falling on their heads, so I don't think there is any reason to scream out"
I left the room. I know I was very impatient with them but that is the way I am . I dislike screaming girls, giggling girls and 'I am so weak and I need your support' girls. They are made just to test my patience. The first type would be waiting for a chance to scream out loud and attract attention. They use their technique at all times. Insects, sudden movements and other girls who comes from behind and say 'POP' to scare you (Impossible to get scared with that even if it is 12 midnight and you are out on the roads alone and there is a ghost scare around the place .It is just too feeble to get scared) they will test the shrillness of their voice, wild eyed but still managing a giggle or two. One of these sort can spoil my entire day with their play act. I get so annoyed.
The giggly type just giggles no matter what happens and please don't ask them the reason and embarrass yourself. 101% there is no reason. Please respect that. And the third category is the most annoying of the lot. They put up this pretence that they are so weak and need help to move even one step in life, simply to get favours from others and to make others do their work or simply to get sympathy. In most cases guys fall for them thinking 'oh poor little thing' and usually they are all pretty faces which makes their job even easier. Damsel in distress gotta be helped!
About the chivalrous young gentlemen... To all those who think guys are caring and concerned I would like to tell you how very wrong you are. I have many friends among guys and i can tell you without any bias that none cares anything about me. They might call me (even STD) talk to me for long, listen to whatever i say, laugh with me, say soothing words. But none actually cares. Last day I had to take a rather urgent journey which was quiet dangerous with a female friend of mine. Everyone advised us to take a guy with us.

The problem with the journay was that it was very long and tiring and involved changing buses and it had to be done in the evening and would go on untill late in the night. I was fine going alone but my friend advised me to ask some of the guys and I asked. Nobody said no, but all of them, each and every one of them tried to discourage us from taking the journey only because they didnt want to come with us. It was important otherwise we wouldnt have decided to go. The excuses they made for not coming ranged from 'is it really needed?', you wont get a bus to come back' to 'it will take so long, dont go'. If they dont want to come just dont, please dont decide for us if the journey is important for us or not. Even if i had told my close friends about it, who are away and cant come with me,they wouldnt have cared an ounce and none would have called up throughout the journey to check if we are alright. We had to carry heavy and bulky load, almost 7 to 8 kgs between us plus our hand bags and other stuff. We may not have been able to take calls, but none called guys or girls...

When we came back they welcomed us with 'Oh you took so long' and 'why didnt you let us know that you will be late' amd such crap. If they really cared they would have come with us or least would have called to check.

I know friendship is great and good and all that but this incident left me thinking how many true friend I have...

4 comments:

  1. As the saying goes - "A Friend indeed is a friend in need"!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pee pee .. pee peee..[honk] [honk]

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you want guys to care or go to any extent to safeguard you interests, stop imploring and start seducing!

    Problem is not with guys.Looks like you don't have 'true' friends.

    -Rakesh

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think u got it all wrong!!! I really dont want anyone to care about me. I can manage by myself. I am talking abt general notions. I dont think anyone cares about anyone else these days. true friend or not everybody is the same

    ReplyDelete