Sunday, September 20, 2009

Chapter 20 - JPEeeees I Miss Thee!!!


As I looked at my class one last time I felt a pang, an unexpected one. I was feeling as indifferent as ever on the last day and I was not prepared for the lump that came to my throat and Nibin who was simply moving from one corner of the class to the other corner and watching it with a curious smile did not help me. He was obviously enjoying the last moments and trying to keep it etched in his memories.

My class... the class with whom i studied for three long years and watched myself transform into an adult, the class which accepted me for what I am, the class which was so accommodating, the class which was crazy in its own way, the class which was simply irksome at times, the class which was so indifferent at times and so active at other times (all collectively)... I JUST MISS IT ALL.

I miss Ruthy who was always there at one turn of my head for me to make faces at during a boring class... Oh how much I miss doing it... There was a particular joy in doing that and seeing her laughter. I miss her a lot! she was such a dear... Cute and sensitive and sensible and just so lovely!

I miss Ashwini who was always ready to be distracted from class and start a signing campaign! She used to sit right next to me and we use to religiously sign page after page admiring each of it and cracking stupid jokes, all when a Professor strained his/her throat trying to teach us.

I miss Nibin! He was Mr doubty. How I used to hate it when he openend his mouth to ask a doubt! I even started a 'I hate Nibin Club' in class. How we became friends after it and how he used to laugh at my jokes and how he used to pull my leg. How he used to be a pest always and always. He was so annoying! but I miss him a lot... it was just nice to have some one to annoy you all the time!

I miss Sujithra... our dear Suji/Susheeeee.... Oh her mere presence brightened up the place and hw we used to just look at each other and know what the other had in her mind and also laugh without really laughing so that only we know that we are laughing! Oh I miss those Theatre and mime practices with her! The jokes we shared... the fun we had... the laughs we had... the times we laughed together without even a proper reason... I miss her!

I miss Jeena... Oh how I use to just look at her and forget all my worries! The confused expression on her face, the fun we had! the theatre adn Mime practices...

Oh I cant go on!
Memories are very tricky! They make you feel really good and yet manage to make you feel bad! We laugh even as the tears flow down! We cry even as we laugh out loud... We cry thinking of all the good times we had and laugh at ourselves for crying...
But I miss my class and all of them... I have named only a few but I miss them all... each and every one of them!
You made my degree one of the most wonderful periods of my life!

2 comments:

  1. by readin this, i feel U enjoyed ur degree.. kwell.. Bt, dear, neva U are an adult, if u think U are.. there is no much transformation in U.. U are the same Ol thulsi

    ReplyDelete